Wednesday, May 02, 2007

A tribute to the best

I presented my final senior capstone on Monday. It went very well. I wasn't at all sad during mine, but I definitely got a bit nostalgic watching all my broadcasting buddies up there.

First of all, Stevi is one of those fly-under-the-radar-on-the-ball types. She's just up there doing her presentation and mentions, like it's nothing, "And I'll be getting a job offer by the end of the week." Amazing! I'm jealous of everyone at her new job who gets to work with her--because she's as fun, kind, and talented as anyone else I know.

Then there's Aidan. Aidan and her caffeine. No matter what she thinks about whatever she's doing, she'll do it with more energy than...something ridiculously energetic. And she'll have sarcastic remarks to make it all the more pleasant. Though pegged as "The Mean One," I think it's determination. She will not let anyone ruin something that has her name connected to it. If Aidan Mewha's on the job, it'll be quality.

Lovely Leanne! Another one of those fly-under-the-radar types! She might not be chatty cathy around a crowd, but my goodness this girl has talent and experience! She is willing to wake up before the sun just to get better at what she does. And she's Miss Reliable. You never have to worry about her not showing up and putting in her best. She's also got some great hair. :)

Then there's the fabulous Amy Lavallee. With all her panic attacks, she still gets it done. She's a self-proclaimed "Yes" girl. I don't think she can always see how amazing she is. When it comes to broadcasting, there's nothing she can't do well. TV, radio, print--she's got it covered. And she's got the personality to complete the package. Kind, helpful, and oh so funny. She might not know it, but I've always admired her. No matter how unsure she feels, we're all positive that things will fall into place for her. Something amazing will definitely come her way (and she'll be saying "yes" to it of course.)

Then there were the boys. Mr. DJ Yokley is going places. To ESPN actually. It is the most inspiring thing to see someone up there who doesn't say "I want to try to get into this" but instead says "I am going to get into this." And not like I need to say it also, but he will. He is constantly showing up the haters and improving his skills. He's got what it takes and that's all I can say. Plus, he's really really good looking. ;)

Finally, Mr. Wolenski. My partner in crime for so many things! I know I don't have to say goodbye to Mike because we're working on a secret endeavor that will take us all over the United States. But I've had such an amazing time working with Mike these past few years because he was always willing to help me out and put up with me. He's so casual and calm when most people around him are flipping out and stressing out, a trait that continues to mystify and amaze me. But Mike will definitely be doing exactly what he wants in the next few years. It'll probably be amazing, but you probably won't hear about it because he's so chill.

So thanks to all of you for a fantastic four years. I can't wait to see where we all end up. We're the cream of the crop here at WC and I know it'll be someplace great.

2 comments:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

And what about yours? It wasn't shabby...well done as usual.

Tandi Lane said...

Congrats Liz!!! Keep me posted on how everything turns out!!! I miss you all and I know you'll be successful at whatever you do! You can now join the Queen of Alumni status! :)