Sunday, December 17, 2006

Weekend One of The Job

I've just completed the first weekend of being an official PA! I definitly enjoyed being back. I have to say, there are some incredible people who work here. Just like our newsroom at WC, the newsroom here becomes like a little family. Joking, helping, supporting. Sounds cheesy, but it's true! I also love the history of this place. The Today Show has been around since the early 1950's and has gone through so much American history! I was talking to one man today who was around when Barbara Walters and Frank Blair were anchors. He had some great stories about the business back then. I would love to experience what it was like back then!

Now, back to the future--I was also talking to someone else who mentioned a new interesting term (it's possible that it's not all that new, but it's the first I've heard of it). It's a term for someone who is both a producer and an editor--a "preditor." When this guy was describing it to me, it sounded similar to a "one-man-band" type of thing. His opinion was that similar to one-man-bands, it might be efficient, but it jeopardized the quality. Just thought it was interesting.

1 comment:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Start thinking about what you can work on at work over the break that you can use as a senior project for capstone-- then it's just a matter of looking at it for updates/improvement/changes for BC 602. I like to call it the Senior Project Redux.

Meanwhile, I have a good feeling about yours and Mike's application to the research conference. I think the Drinko Center was impressed.