Sunday, June 03, 2007

The Potato Gun Video

In my attempt to keep up some broadcasting skills, I'm trying to use my new little handycam whenever I can! I was working with some free trials for editing software but haven't really found anything I like all that much, so I decided to just put together this video with what I already had.


It was all shot with my new camera, which doesn't yet have a mic or tripod, but did pretty well for itself during its first weekend out! Click below to check out what I did at my grandparent's house in Virginia over Memorial Day weekend.



As you can probably tell, the wind was a bit of an issue and I went a little zoom-happy, so I'll need to be careful about that. It was all edited on Window's Movie Maker, so I couldn't do a lot with it, but I think it's a good start. It definitely wasn't difficult at all, and it was something fun to do!


Stay tuned for more videos to come!

5 comments:

Pat Sandora said...

that's what I'm talkin' about, Liz.

Keep it alive!

Great little package.

B. Weaver said...

How cool is that!!!

I still like editing with moviemaker...but I have to convert my MOD files to avi or WMV first.

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Great video!!! What a nice place you're GPs have...on the BAY? But watch out for those "spud missles" as you go by in your boat or canoe.

Do you like the camera? I think you're we'll on your way of re-inventing your blog into a VLOG.

Keith said...

Oooo. You got the nice Sony HDD. I got the cheaper one which is essentially the same as yours, but mine doesn't have the ability to hold a light or external mic. I should have spend the extra couple of hundred to get the camcorder you got.

Matt & Laurie C said...

The Grandparents say... "GREAT video with fantastic commentary". Wish you were here at HP! Lots of Love.