Sunday, April 01, 2007

Website vs. E-Portfolio

What’s at the top of my e-portfolio? What do I want prospective employers to know about me? That’s a good question.

Even though I’m still not positive what direction I’m going into, I know what I enjoy doing and hope to carry on with: TV storytelling. This means that my packages are what I need to put at the top of my portfolio.

But I’ve actually decided not to make an e-portfolio. Instead, I’ve put together a website. I still have some things to add to it, but once it's complete I can use it in place of an e-portfolio. I think the e-portfolio is too restrictive because all employers aren't going to want to sit there and shuffle through the different sections. It seems like more of a road block to getting them to see my stuff. It's also more difficult to get out there to employers, at least compared to a website that they can access at their leisure. Hopefully the website idea will also cater to employers looking for someone internet-savvy and ready for the future. That's me!

No comments: