Saturday, March 17, 2007

Field Trip to WTAE!

Last week the capstone class got to head on down to Pittsburgh to visit one of our alums at WTAE, Sarah Bowers. I remember Sarah from when I was a freshman. She was that super-cool senior who was so good at everything broadcasting. I was always thinking how I wanted to be just like her when I was a senior! So it was so great to see her in action.

Sarah's really made a place for herself at WTAE even though she's not a reporter, which is what she first set out to be. I asked her if she's wants to get on-air and she looked at me and said, "You know what? No. I'm happy where I am right now." It was so nice to hear that even though she left college thinking she wanted one thing, she just fine--even happy--doing something else. That is definitely a relief in these planning-for-life-after-graduation times.


All in all, it was great to hang out with my other broadcasting buddies, see a real news station, and speak with some great professionals. Every time I hear from someone new, I think of other possibilities for my future. So the job search will continue...

3 comments:

Kirstan Gides :) said...

OMG....how the heck is sarah? p.s. what are you doing these days and what time are you on the radio again? I will call you :)

B. Weaver said...

I don't think Liz should count out ON AIR yet. You're too young.

Anonymous said...

I wish I were there. Sound like yinz had fun. You're thinking about not doing something on-air?! Liz...you're too good to count that out.