Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Spring Break Update

I’ve been pretty busy this break trying to figure out job things. I went into the city on Sunday to visit a friend and stopped by the Today show studios to say hi to everyone I worked with last semester. Then on Monday, I called one of the producers I’m friends with to talk to him about what I should be doing right now and he helped me out a lot. I told him about my thoughts of looking towards non-news jobs as well and he has a few contacts of his own that he’s going to introduce me to. He also said that many employers are now looking for personal websites, in addition to or instead of the resume reel. I’ve been working on putting one of those together as well. He said there are a lot more jobs out there for web producers/web correspondents than for TV positions.

This is something I’ve been thinking about a lot lately. Network TV news is definitely changing these days and I feel like I need to look towards the future with this job-searching, so I’m widening my search to internet positions as well.

I also figured out how to update my resume reel on my laptop, so I've been working on that as well. So that's three things from my to-do list (contacts, job search, resume reel) that I've worked on already.

Now I have to get on the "pass class" thing and do some homework!

1 comment:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

How's the documentary coming?