Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Back to work...

I traveled all the way to WC last weekend for homecoming and boy was it fabulous. Though I didn't get nearly enough time with people as I would have like. I got to chat it up with Mr. Weaver and Dr. B, which is always a good time. I got to see DJ, who was busying being an amazing announcer for the football game, Mike, directing like a pro, and Amy, working her magic on the game graphics with that pretty new fangled computer in the remote truck. Oh and I also got to see Stevi before the parade. So where were the rest of you, eh?

I can't wait to get back. So many things I see around my house would make great stories. I'm going through such withdrawal that I'm constantly thinking what shots & sound I'd start with if I were to do a story on something around here. I edit entire packages in my head, I swear, haha.

A little update on what I'm up to now: I'm starting to really honestly plan for what I want to be doing after college. I'm trying to set up an informational meeting with the leader of the Page Program just so he at least gets to know who I am in case I decide to apply for that. I'm also looking to find out more about affiliate contacts from someone I know who used to work on Weekend TODAY. And finally, I'm doing a lot of research on various TV news outlets in the New Jersey area. There are actually lots of choices. I've decided that it's best for me to try to get my first job around here so that I can continue to bum off my parents because at this point, there's no possible way I could afford my own place. It's actually pretty exciting to start thinking about all of this. I feel like I'm in a better mind-frame now than I was the last time I interned. I'm more open minded about my possibilities and what I want.

Even still--can't wait to come back for a final hoorah at WC! :)

3 comments:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Chat up the project idea with people you work with...have a brainstorm session. I'm sure you'll get closer to something.

Kirstan Gides :) said...

Hey girl! I'm sorry I missed you! WHERE THE HECH WERE YA?!?!?!

Laura K. said...

fun times! i totally missed homecoming, i was bummed. i wanted to do alumni band, too! ah well, there's always next year...