Saturday, November 04, 2006

Enough about Pat, let's get to me...

Sorry for the double posting today, but I felt the need to update you on what's been happening with me.

Yesterday was amazing. I went to this tribute held in the SNL studios for the 50th anniversary of The Huntley-Brinkley Report. First of all, I am so fascinated with that show now! I love learning about the way evening news used to be. It's completely different now and still changing, but I think all journalists can learn a lot from the show and those involved with it: Chet Huntley, David Brinkley, and Reuven Frank. What amazing men, especially Mr. Frank. And to be in a room of people who knew them and worked with them was just incredible.

But the Huntley-Brinkley news duo is one of a past generation. If you ask me, my generation's Huntley-Brinkley is the Brokaw-Williams duo. Well, the duo spoke at the tribute yesterday, so once it was over, I thought, "I am going to meet them right now!" So I did. I went right down to where they were, shimmied my way through the crowd and introduced myself to both of them. Even got to have a bit of a conversation with Brian Williams. And I can tell you first hand, they are two genuine, friendly, hard working guys.

Anyway, back to reality a bit, here's what I'm working on this week(ish):
1.) Getting interviews with some key people at my internship--but I don't want to say who until they pan out.
2.) Putting together my alum project.
3.) Mapping out my senior project so I have a basic outline of what I'm doing.


I leave you now with a quote from Chet Huntley on his final broadcast of The Huntley-Brinkley Report: "Be patient and have courage--there will be better and happier news some day, if we work at it."

**DISCLAIMER: Obviously I write a lot about anchors and shows from one particular network. However, I would like to note that I enjoy a plethora of different networks and their people. Just thowing that out there. :)

No comments: