Sunday, February 11, 2007

Life's To Do List

Imagine waking up tomorrow morning in your 70s. What is the one thing you refuse to let yourself miss out on in life and just have to do before you’re gone?

I love how imaginative these past few blogs have been. It’s a nice break from the realistic life planning of most entries. This question made me look into my List of Things To Do Before I Die (yes, I really have one of those.)

My initial reaction to the question was that I hope I had already done everything I wanted to do. I hope by the time I’m 70 I’ve already traveled the world, had a family, accomplished something great in my field, jumped out of a plane, helped save a rainforest, meet royalty.... If I had already accomplished all of that (and more), my wish would be to just be with my family and enjoy my life (which hopefully existed in a beautiful beach front home with a wrap around porch in the south somewhere.)

Maybe that’s avoiding the question, but I really hope to actually live my life. I found this quote from James Dean that I feel is an appropriate way to end this blog:

“Dream as if you’ll live forever. Live as if you’ll die today.”

3 comments:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Watch those SPAMMER/SCRAPER-LOSER INTERNET FREAKS-- You might want to go to your DASHBOARD on blogger and engage the settings that will FILTER those useless hoosiers out. Can I make this more of a diatribe?

Tandi Lane said...

WOW, BWeav is getting very creative with these blogging assignments I see! :) I agree with you Liz! I hope that by the time I'm 70, I have done everything I wanted to do already as well because my main goal by that age is to be the crazy old lady that wears one eye of blue eyeshadow and wears MooMoos and embarasses people in public! :) Come on, I know I'd be the coolest Granny! JK! :)

Kirstan Gides :) said...

I wish I had those kind of questions on my blog. I might just have to write one like that. ANYHOW....there are lots of Beach Homes here in Malibu.....come visit!!!