Sunday, February 04, 2007

If I had a million dollars...

This week's capstone question is from Mike: "What would you do if you had a million dollars and didn't have to work?"

This question is pretty loaded. I don’t think I have any concept of how much a million dollars really is, so parts of my answer might be too much, but I’m going to go with the “fantasy” part of this week’s question and just pretend it’s all possible.

First off, there are a lot of things I’d pay my family back for. I would love for my dad to not have to work anymore and for my mom’s preschool to get everything it needs. My sister and I could always use a vacation. But those are just the first things that come to mind.

I know that I would still want to have a career. I could never handle having nothing to do. But I think I might feel a little more adventurous with my career choice. I’d choose a job that gave me plenty of time off so that I could travel—or better yet, a job that consisted of traveling. I’d love to do something to help international relations, whether that be something with the government or something with the church. Or just something fun, like using my money put together a travel show that I could host! (I'm thinking--the next Samantha Brown!)


If I had a million dollars, there’d be so much to do! But I don’t think my life would be all that different—there’d just be one less thing to hold me back from doing whatever I want.

3 comments:

B. Weaver said...

You're getting the hang of the links and the images!!! Very cool!

But don't you think we need $100 million for this fantasy?

Amy said...

I'm all over that plan...but I'm with Mr. Weaver...a million dollars just isn't what it used to be. But hey, if you ever need a travel partner, I'm sooooo IN!!!

Tandi Lane said...

Hey Liz! I like your fantasy and one million dollars is a lot for us broadcasters making minor duckets, but I think I'd pay off my bills, get a car and house and put most of it in the bank into a CD or something where it could gain interest and become more!!! WOOHOO!