Tuesday, January 09, 2007

That's all she wrote...for now.

My time as a PA is over. Sunday was my last day. I was actually pretty sad about it, but I did feel like it was time. It was getting to a point where I really couldn't do all that much more since I was leaving anyway. All good things must come to an end!

I think I got everything out of the job that I could have. I made contacts, not to mention friends, got feedback on my resume tape, got career tips from people who have been through it all. I hope I used to for all that I could.

The main thing I have to figure out this semester is what route I want to take. The way I see it, there are two main roads: go to some random place in the middle of nowhere to start on-air, then work my way up, or stick with network level and be behind the scenes since I have the contacts in place already. It seems like every week I decide to choose a different route. At this point I have no clue what the right answer is because there are definite pros and cons to both of them. So that decision will have to be made slowly throughout the next few months.

Right now I'm just getting excited to go back to WC! I'm ready to be a college kid again, even if only for a little while. I was definitely thrown into the real world these past few months, so it'll be great to go back to the security of the college bubble for a few months. I think the hardest thing about it, though, will be adjusting from the morning news sleep schedule (go to bed at 9, wake up at 2) to the college sleep schedule (go to bed at 1 wake up.....whenever!).

But I'm definitely up for that challenge.

2 comments:

Brad W. said...

You're very lucky. Most people at your age never fully recognize what you have. I would suggest writing two blog entries now. In one describe what you're life would be like 5 years from now if you take the on-air path. In the second entry, craft a narrative describing your life behind the scenes at the network. Be colorful and add some specifics to help you envision the possibilities.

Kirstan Gides :) said...

I MISS YOU!!! I wish I was gonna be there for megabeast mondays....are you still doing the show? lemme know your schedule so i can call in :)