Tuesday, January 02, 2007

What a way to end 2006...

I had a great New Year's last weekend at work. It was a little bit crazy since so many people were on vacation and there was some major news happening! It was great to see the steps taken behind the scenes to prepare for impending news stories (like Saddam's hanging). And I have to say, I am really learning from the best. Our senior producers are just so good. They're professional and prepared and so hard working.

I was also very interested in how the networks handled the video of Saddam's hanging. I really admire the networks that chose not to air the entire thing. It's definitly a topic that is up for debate, but in my opinion, there is absolutely no need to show that much (especially since everyone knew it would be all over the internet anyway.)

Another exciting part of last weekend was that I got to be right in Times Square on Sunday for the show! I was right there where the ball dropped, only hours before.



Lester is so great! Such a pro and a really nice guy.






This is my last weekend of work, then I'm back out to WC next week! I'm excited to go back to school, but I think it'll be a little weird going from the real world back to the college bubble. I've nailed down a few more contacts and added some places to my list of possible future jobs. But really, all that's done is made me more and more confused about what I'm going to do after graduation. Yikes!

1 comment:

Kirstan Gides :) said...

Hey...don't stress....everything will fall into place for you....you are a megabeast like that :) MISS YOU AND KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK! P.S. I'll be at the Peoples' choice awards tomorrow night....watch them, and maybe I'll somehow be seen out of the crowd :)